Dear Chairman Meow, What should I name our new kitty? – Robert G, Boston, Ma
Ah, yes, Robert. (Can I call you, “Bob?” It is such a noble name)
Anyway, Bob, you’ve brought home a furry bundle of joy to rule your home, but what do you name your new militant little friend?
Like NFL players, cats are agile, dynamic, and independent. They can also be unpredictable, mischievous, and capable of bold action; therefore, they deserve a bold name.
Here are some suggestions for cat names from current NFL team rosters:
The best potential cat names in the NFL
There are many great names in the NFL that are worthy of giving to a cat, here a the favorites of Chairman Meow:
- Maurkice Pouncey – C, Pittsburgh Steelers
Chairman Meow believes this is the best cat name in the NFL. Enough said.
- Frostee Rucker – DT, Arizona Cardinals
Perfect for a white cat, or one with with a white face.
- Captain Munnerlyn – KR, Minnesota Vikings
A name that shows authority. Great for a born feline leader.
- Bacarri Rambo, SS, Buffalo Bills
Strong name for a cat skilled in survival, hunting, and guerrilla warfare.
- Zoltan Mesko – P, Cincinatti Bengals
If you lived through the 1980’s, you may remember Zoltan from the movie Big? Since cats appreciate irony, perhaps this would be good name for a very small kitty?
- Richie Incognito, C, Dolphins
Perfect name for black cat, or cat that enjoys hiding or sneaking around a lot.
More current NFL player / cat name ideas
- Atari Bigby – DB, Seahawks
- Beanie Wells – RB, Arizona Cardinals
- Barkevious Mingo – (once again; ironic) OLB, Cleveland Browns
- Cadillac Williams – RB, Free Agent
- Ziggy Hood – DT, Steelers
- Nico Johnson – LB, Buffalo Bills
Of course, these are just current NFL names approved by Great Leader Chairman Meow. There are some great historical NFL names as well, such as Jumbo Elliot, Dexter Manley, Bronko Nagurski, and Deacon Jones.
Plus, every year the NFL welcomes talented young players with great cat-name potential, so don’t insult the dynamic kitty with a boring, common name like, “Bella, Max, or Kitty.”
Chairman Meow haz spoken.